Upper Park Designs manufactured products are warranted to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship. If a product fails due to a manufacturing defect, we will repair the product without charge, or replace it, at our discretion for up to 10 years after purchase, with proof of purchase and explanation of the cause. This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear and tear, or the natural breakdown of colors and materials over time and use. Damage not covered under warranty may be repaired at the discretion of Upper Park Designs for a reasonable rate. See below for shipping cost details.
Products falling within one year (12 months) of purchase due to normal wear and tear will be repaired or replaced at no cost to you. You must be the original owner and provide proof of purchase. As stated above, damage not covered under warranty may be repaired at the discretion of Upper Park Designs for a reasonable rate. Please see below for shipping cost details.
Returns for products simply not fitting needs, meeting expectations, mistake purchases, or all other returns for reasons unrelated to wear and tear or defects are subject to a mandatory $10 restocking fee. The returning party is responsible for all shipping costs in regards to the original purchase (ie shipping paid to receive the bag) and the shipping to return the bag to Upper Park. If the bag is in any state of a used condition it will be subject to a 15% usage fee. This fee will be deducted from the original order amount before a refund is processed.
All shipping to our Warranty Department must be pre-approved by an Upper Park representative, pre-paid by the customer and insured. Upper Park Designs cannot be liable for lost in-bound packages. California State law requires that products accepted for repair be clean. Charges will be assessed if cleaning is necessary.
- Are rips and tears covered by the warranty?
- We manufacture all of our products to meet our superior standards. However, regardless of how carefully you use, or how well you care for your product, it will eventually begin to show age and wear. The Upper Park Designs warranty covers defects in workmanship and materials, but it does not cover normal wear and tear beyond one year after purchase.
- Will my Upper Park Designs product be repaired or replaced?
- If your product by Upper Park Designs fails due to a manufacturing or workmanship defect, our first option will be to repair the item. If the product is not repairable, or if the cost of repairing the item exceeds the cost of a new one, we will replace it. Many of our customers become very attached to their Upper Park Designs products, and do not want us to exercise the option to replace. If your product has special memories attached to it that make it irreplaceable to you, please let us know.
- Where should I send my product for repair or replacement?
Please email us for a confirmation and shipping address before sending in your product for repair or replacement. If you return a bag and it is not approved, we can not be liable for a lost product. If given the go ahead from our warranty department, products can be shipped to:
Upper Park Designs
306 E University Ave
Royal Oak, MI 48067
We would prefer that you send the item using a shipping method that will provide you with a tracking number, and require a signature upon delivery. Please make sure that the shipping is prepaid and the package is insured for full replacement value. Please enclose a short note that includes your name, phone number, and a street address or a place where you would like the item returned. Please mark the areas in question on the product with colored tape or masking tape, so we can find them easily, and make sure that your note describes their location.
Who pays for shipping?
As stated in our warranty policy, the customer pays the shipping charges to send products to the Warranty Department. Upper Park Designs will absorb the return shipping charges. If you request that we return your product by USPS Next Day Express or Priority Shipping, the additional shipping charges will be billed to you. Shipping charges for all non-warranty repairs or returns are at the owner’s expense.